Chicago, IL (PRWEB) January 17, 2014
Reinvention Expert, Steve Olsher, has issued his 2013 Reinvention Awards for the Top 10 Stories of Reinvention throughout the world in 2013. The Reinvention Awards, in its inaugural year, identifies both celebrities and everyday people who have dramatically reinvented their lives over the past year.
?It?s been an incredible year of Reinvention, ranging from big name superstars to everyday heroes who are every bit as worthy of recognition as their high profile counterparts,? said Steve Olsher. ?Each of these incredible people represent the resilience of the human spirit and our common ability to overcome any personal, professional or societal obstacle placed in our path.?
The 2013 Reinvention Awards are awarded to:
10) Sharell Cook of Mumbai, India. In 2005, she had little to smile about. She was picking up the pieces of a marriage break down and working in an ?unfulfilling? government job in Melbourne, Australia. Rather than wallow, she took six months paid long service leave and signed up to engage in community work in India. Sharell now lives in Mumbai, has her dream job, a colorful life and has found new love and a greater sense of possibility.
9) Susan Campbell Cross of Los Angeles, CA. Susan reinvented her life from being a suburban soccer mom with three children to becoming a commercial actor, author, on-air personality, and lifestyle expert, with articles appearing in The Daily Muse, Huffington Post Women, Forbes Women, OK!, Star and SHAPE, where she is currently the lifestyle editor. In addition she?s the ?mom? for Jewel Osco?s Nutrition IQ, and lifestyle correspondent for Modern Media, the Radio Show and Let?s Talk Autism?a cause she deeply believes in.
8) Calvin Cordozar Broadus, Jr. of Los Angeles, California reinvented his life from a Southern California, gun-toting street gangster and convicted felon, to a platinum selling rap artist known as Snoop Dogg, singer-song writer, actor, media mogul, and business icon. In late 2012, he rebranded himself as Snoop Lion, a peace loving Rastafarian who supports gay marriage, the legalization of marijuana, and a political advocate who is a staunch supporter of President Obama. In recent months, he has even contemplated his own political career.
7) Gunther Karger of Miami, Florida has reinvented his life numerous times over the course of his storied career. After high school he joined the U.S. Air Force and received an electrical engineering degree. This led to myriad positions including working on the Bomarc cruise missile at Boeing, designing the first active communications satellite at ITT Labs, and financial newsletter editor, TV and radio commentator, and author. Today, Gunther advises the Dade County commissioners on how to save millions in the library budget by transforming a large system of 50 libraries to just a few, but to expand the library service using telecom networks and information technology to make the library services available at public places and open nearly all the time.
6) Louise Wightman of Glasgow, Scotland reinvented her life after 13 years in the recruitment industry to being a life coach who runs Approach the Coach and a social media expert, running Digital Diva Media. As she sought to rebrand herself, she focused heavily on using the social media tools. Soon it became apparent that she was resourceful in leveraging these tools and decided it would make sense for her to find corporate clients and bill them for this service.
5) Michael Blattman of Wiesbaden, Germany was forced to reinvent his life after being released from his position as Vice President of a student loan company in 2008. The company provided him with an $ 188,000 severance package so he felt he?d be fine financially. However, after struggling for 26 months to find work, he finally landed a job as a financial adviser earning half of his previous salary. Several employment stints later, he secured his ?dream job? to teach business courses at an Army base in Wiesbaden, Germany.
4) Edith Kelly-Green of Memphis, Tennessee reinvented her life after almost 30 years with FedEx as Vice President and Chief Sourcing Officer to becoming the ?Sandwich Queen? by investing in, and operating, 10 Lenny?s Sub Shops in the Oxford, Mississippi and Memphis areas. As opposed to viewing her restaurants as cash cows?though they do make money?Kelly-Green invested in the shops to help her family and community. Her plan is to create a legacy that impacts others by encouraging them to be in business for themselves and to strive to be more than minimum wage workers.
3) Jim Kelly of Pittsford, New York. Jim reinvented his life from being a Hall of Fame quarterback who led the Buffalo Bills to four Super Bowl appearances to being a dad, husband, coach, author, motivational speaker, philanthropist and now, cancer survivor. In May 2013 doctors removed most of his left jaw and his teeth to remove a cancerous tumor. The cancer battle follows back, neck, and double hernia surgeries, all in the last two years and losing his son Hunter at age 8 to a rare neurological disease.
2) Andrew Clay Silverstein aka Andrew Dice Clay of Los Angeles, California stumbled upon reinventing his life from a crude, often insulting comedian and media personality best known for his X-rated parodies of nursery rhymes, to an Oscar-worthy, dramatic actor featured in Woody Allen?s 2013 film, Blue Jasmine. When he first received the call from his manager indicating that Allen wanted to meet with him regarding the role, his instincts told him to laugh it off. But Allen, a former stand-up comedian, saw potential in his reading for the role of Augie and immediately cast him for it. His performance earned rave reviews and was critically praised.
1) Rachel Washburn of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania reinvented her life from a Philadelphia Eagles cheerleader to being an Army intelligence officer with a special ops combat unit in Afghanistan. Her mission?to pioneer a special mission whereby she could relate to women in ways that would be culturally inappropriate for male troops?including helping to deliver an Afghan baby in a snowstorm. In her second tour in Afghanistan, she served as a platoon leader of an Army intelligence unit. An Army 1st lieutenant and daughter of an Army helicopter pilot and an Air Force fighter pilot, the military is an environment she naturally excels in. And, in spite of the doubters who have trouble believing that a former cheerleader can effectively serve in the military, Rachel and her peers know that she serves her country in equal capacity as her counterparts.
?Selecting just 10 finalists and breaking those down into the order shown was not an easy process,? says Olsher. ?It?s both amazing, and encouraging, to see so many people across the globe having incredible impact on their communities, the environment, and the world. Ultimately, Reinvention is not about changing who you are, it?s about shedding the shackles and layers of your past and allowing yourself to become who you were born to be.?
Steve Olsher is America?s Reinvention Expert and has taught thousands how to NICHETIZE!? (nitch a tize) by identifying and monetizing their WHAT?that is, the ONE thing they were born to do. He is an international keynote speaker; NY Times bestselling Author of What Is Your WHAT? Discover The ONE Amazing Thing You Were Born To Do; Author of the Business Technology Book of the Year Internet Prophets: The World?s Leading Experts Reveal How to Profit Online; co-star of the film, The Keeper of the Keys with Jack Canfield, John Gray, and Marci Shimoff; Founder of the Reinvention Workshop; and, an in-demand media guest who has appeared on ABC TV, FOX TV, NBC TV, Fox Business, The Huffington Post, Forbes.com, CNBC.com and more than 300 radio shows including national shows hosted by Lou Dobbs, Jim Bohannon, and Mancow Muller.
For Immediate Release
Contact: Shannon Rose
Find More Make Money Online Press Releases
Major European retailers expanding operations into lucrative Indian consumer market over next 24 months says law and marketing guru Ardi Kolah
(PRWEB UK) 30 December 2013
The Economic Times recently reported that British supermarket chain Tesco is the first international retailer to apply to open multi-brand stores across India and currently the Indian Government is also examining a raft of other applications for single-brand stores from major European high street retailers such as H&M and IKEA.
Taken together, these moves by European multiples could radically change the way Indian consumers will shop for everyday groceries, clothes, household, entertainment and electronic products in the future.
Many of these brands owners are struggling to maintain market share in their home markets but are attracted by the opportunities that Indian consumers present and have been waiting for the moment to make such a move. With the announcement in the relaxation in FDI, multi-brand and single-brand retail environments are set to become commonplace in India by 2016.
For example, Tesco is seeking approval to invest $ 110m in partnership with a Tata subsidiary by taking a 50% stake in Trent Hypermarkets, which in turn operates Star Bazaar stores in the states of Maharashtra and Karnataka.
The Indian Government hopes these moves will encourage a surge in direct investment into the Indian economy that will boost India?s GDP and create jobs in the cities for thousands of workers.
Anand Sharma, India?s Commerce and Industry Minister, has pledged to fast-track the clearance process of applications for retailers such as Tesco, promising it will be an ?expeditious approval.” Single-brand retail stores such as Swedish home store IKEA and youth fashion retailer H&M have also moved quickly to take advantage of a similar easing of FDI restrictions which raised permitted foreign investment levels from 51% to 100%.
According to The Economic Times, there are currently 17-single brand retail proposals under consideration and more are expected throughout 2014.
“The rush of single-brand proposals is a very positive signal in terms of investment climate in the country. The initial apprehensions about the policy seem to be waning,” observes Akash Gupt, an executive director with PwC in India.
In 2013, H&M received approval to open 50 stores across the country with a planned investment of Rs700 crore and IKEA received approval for its plan to set up stores across India with an investment of Rs10,500 crore, the largest single-brand retail proposal by value in India to date.
One consequence of this move is that the India Government will be under increasing pressure to tighten up the laws on sales and marketing of products to Indian consumers as Western brand owners also import practices that seek to penetrate personal information such as purchasing habits in order to drive sales of products and services.
Note to editors:
Ardi Kolah with Professor Rajesh Babu and Professor Suren Sista at the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta are currently working on a new book on sales and marketing laws in India, to be published in 2014.
Online home business, click here http://workwithwoolley.com/ Online home business… just watch the video and you’ll see live proof that this kid made ,00…
Video Rating: 4 / 5
The truth about making money online
I hear every single day from readers who want to know exactly how I've made money with The Simple Dollar or how they can make money doing a similar thing, whether it's starting a blog or posting Youtube videos or writing ebooks. Skip to next paragraph.
Read more on Christian Science Monitor
Easy Ways Make Money Online Using Get Paid for Taking Survey from Home
Oakland Gardens, NY — (SBWIRE) — 11/15/2013 — Internet provides with many ways to get money. There are many companies who offer some easy jobs for doing certain simple things with high fee. A well known website Get Cash For Surveys is helping …
Read more on SBWire (press release)
Make Money Online With Rummy Games on Adda52.com
Making money online is not a mystery anymore, now it is easy to make money online by playing rummy on Adda52.com – India's largest online gaming site, where lucrative offers ensure that huge cash prizes can be won. Adda52 offers both cash games and …
Read more on PR Newswire India (press release)
The Reality of Earning Money Online
So, why aren't you going to earn a lot of money right away? It's because there are a few rules that govern how people make money online. These rules seem to be true for everything that makes money online. First of all, almost all money made online by …
Read more on Lifehacker
FTC urged to investigate multilevel marketing firms such as Herbalife
Dozens of people have called on the Federal Trade Commission to investigate multilevel marketing, a controversial industry that includes companies such as Herbalife Ltd., Amway, Avon and others. In a letter delivered to the FTC's Washington offices …
Read more on Los Angeles Times
Protesters keep up rally against multilevel marketing firm DCHL
The protesters, who claimed to be victims of the Asian chain's controversial multilevel marketing scheme in Hong Kong, want compensation for the money they spent on the distributor's health and beauty products. The liaison office kept its Des Voeux …
Read more on South China Morning Post
USO Treats Troops and Their Families This Halloween With ?Operation Thriller IV? Tour to the U.S., Kuwait, Germany and the UK
Arlington, VA (PRWEB) October 31, 2013
Twitter Pitch: @HarlanCoben, @philmargolin, @fpaulwilson, @KathleenAntrim, @HeatherGraham celebrate Halloween with troops on @the_USO tour
The USO indulges troops thirst for suspense this Halloween with the ?Operation Thriller IV? USO/Armed Forces Entertainment tour to the U.S., Kuwait, Germany and the UK October 24 ? November 1. With help from five of today?s most celebrated thriller authors including, Harlan Coben, Phillip Margolin, F. Paul Wilson, Kathleen Antrim and Heather Graham, the USO kicked off its fourth installment of ?Operation Thriller? with a three-day, morale boosting visit to Washington, DC before traveling abroad.
(PRWEB) October 06, 2013
Real estate educator, Rick Otton, has urged UK property investors to book in to his 2014 ultimate wealth summit where he will reveal new and radical strategies and techniques. During his regular Creative Real Estate podcast ?Street Smart Secrets to Real Estate Wealth?, Mr Otton said that the 21 to 23 March intensive training event was ?not to be missed?.
For the past two decades, Mr Otton has coached more than 35,000 property investors around the world on his creative real estate investment strategies, which do not require people to have banking finance, a deposit, stamp duty or even any real estate experience.
“Every time we?ve done one of these events in the UK, they are sold to capacity well in advance,” he said. “They are a not a multi-speaker event and we provide nothing short of intensive training, so people can actually learn the strategies and apply them to achieve growth and positive cash flow.”
During the podcast, Ian, a Rick Otton student from the UK?s north-east coast, said that he initially became interested in Mr Otton?s unique property investing strategies in 2009 via a rent-to-buy information pack.
“I just thought, ?This is where I want to be. This is the right person for me, end of story?,” Ian said.
“I thought rent-to-buy was a fantastic way of doing things. Instead of selling my property in the normal way, I put a sign up and did it as a three-year rent-to-buy option. At the time, the market was against me and I would have lost about 10 grand if I?d sold it the traditional way.”
Ian said that since that deal, he had gone on to negotiate countless successful transactions, each taking between two to four months to complete and each earning between 20,000 and 40,000 GB pounds in profit.
“With every one of these arrangements, I?ve always wondered where I was going to get the money. But my wife always reminds me that Rick says we only need to put a quid in!” he said.
Mr Otton said: “Well, I always prefer to get the houses for a quid but when I go to a seller and they want me to put some money in, I?ll say, ?If I paid you more for the house, can I just make payments on it?? Sometimes if you pay sellers a bit more for the house they?ll forfeit the money they originally wanted and just ask for a quid in return for you starting to take over their mortgage repayments.”
“And it is strategies and techniques like this ? and many with a new twist ? that I will be presenting to potential UK property investors in March 2014.
To hear this, and other free podcasts from Rick Otton visit CreativeRealEstate.com.au. Phone enquiries in Australia can be made on 1300 888 450.
About Rick Otton
Rick Otton is a property investment professional who, over the last 23 years, has introduced innovative real estate strategies to the UK, Australian and the United States. His creative ‘low-risk, high-reward’ approach to buying and selling houses is exemplified in his own business, We Buy Houses.
This year marks the 10 year anniversary of Mr Otton introducing his strategies to the UK, and the 5 year anniversary of his innovative ‘Buy A House For A Pound’ process – one that attempted to be emulated by others. His constant process of strategy refinement, and adapting to the ever-changing real estate market, continues to place him at the forefront of property investment education.
In 2012 Rick Otton published his Australian book ‘How To Buy A House For A Dollar’ which was named in the list of Top 10 Most Popular Finance Titles for 2013. A UK version is on the drawing board for publication in 2014.
Mr Otton freely shares insights into his non-bank-loan strategies that have allowed everyday UK men and women to beat the rental cycle and have their own homes. He coaches others on how to build profitable businesses by facilitating transactions that focus on the needs of potential buyers and motivated sellers.
Access his free downloadable Power Property Profits Pack at RickOtton.co.uk, as are the details of early bird pricing for his next UK 3-day real estate training conference in March 2014. Phone enquiries in the UK are welcome on 0207 000 1027.
The Barns at Wolf Trap Presents Dave Mason; Battlefield Band; Kris Delmhorst & Jeffrey Foucault; Tim O?Brien & Darrell Scott; The Wallflowers; and The Bobs
Vienna, Virginia (PRWEB) September 25, 2013
Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at 8 pm
Thursday, October 3, 2013 at 8 pm
$ 35-$ 40
Former Traffic front man Dave Mason comes to The Barns at Wolf Trap for a lively performance that will have everyone “Feelin? Alright.” Mason, who was born in England, was already performing professionally by his teens. In March 1967 he cofounded Traffic, an experimental rock band that released their debut album, Mr. Fantasy, in August of the same year. Mason wrote a variety of songs for the group, including their most famous hit “Feelin? Alright,” which has been covered by artists such as Joe Cocker, Diana Ross, and the Jackson 5. In 1970 Mason released his first solo album, Alone Together, which gained success with the help of the hit single “Only You Know and I Know,” a song that reached No. 22 on the Billboard Hot 100. Since then, he has released multiple studio and live albums, including 26 Letters, 12 Notes (2008), a hard-hitting rock album.
Video: Dave Mason ? “Only You Know and I Know” (Live)
Friday, October 4, 2013 at 8 pm
$ 25-$ 27
The energetic Scottish quartet Battlefield Band is ready to showcase their original mix of traditional Scottish ballads and pub songs. The band is named after the Glasgow suburb of Battlefield in Scotland, where the four original band members met as students and formed the group in 1969. They released their debut album, Farewell to Nova Scotia, in 1976; their adventurous sound and eclectic combination of instruments including guitar, keyboard, fiddle, whistle, banjo, bouzouki, bodhran, Highland/small bagpipes, and bass guitar quickly made them icons in the folk scene. The group?s new release, Room Enough for All (2013), contains songs covering topics ranging from returning to one?s home country to Lawrence Tynes, the two-time Super Bowl-winning Scottish kicker for the National Football League. Battlefield Band won Best Live Act at the inaugural Scots Trad Music Awards in 2003 and Scottish Folk Band of the Year in 2011.
Video: Battlefield Band at The Queen’s Hall, Edinburgh
Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 7:30 pm
Singer/songwriter Kris Delmhorst brings her “alternately moody, euphoric, and transcendent” (Los Angeles Daily News) music to The Barns at Wolf Trap. Raised in Brooklyn, New York, Delmhorst first played classical cello but shifted toward jazz and folk; she even learned how to play the fiddle and guitar during a stay in Maine. In 1996 she moved to Boston and released her first album, Appetite, three years later. After releasing an EP in 2000, Delmhorst received acclaim for her third record, Five Stories, which was bolstered by soulful and pleasing songs like “Mean Old Wind” and “Garden Rose.” Her most recent release, Cars (2011), is a homage to the new-wave ?70s and ?80s band of the same name. In it, she switches between singing the original compositions and her own adaptations to create an “acoustic Americana makeover” (The Telegraph).
Folk maverick Jeffrey Foucault comes to The Barns at Wolf Trap with his “beat-up troubadour folk” (Uncut) and “stark literate songs that are wide open as the landscape of his native Midwest” (The New Yorker). Foucault, who hails from Wisconsin, began performing in the local coffee house scene in college before releasing his debut album, Miles From The Lightning (2001), a roots-rock record that drew on blues, folk, and country influences. He has delved into a multitude of both solo and group projects, including collaborations with his wife, Kris Delmhorst, and his most recent release, Calvacade, a sophomore album with blues-country band Cold Satellite. The album has been described as “imaginative and arresting” (The Guardian) and includes such songs as the country ballad “Glass Hands” and the stripped-down “Every Boy, Every Blood.”
Video: Kris Delmhorst ? “New Song”; Jeffrey Foucault ? “One Part Love”
Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 8 pm
$ 27-$ 32
Contemporary bluegrass pioneer Tim O?Brien showcases his astounding abilities as a multi-instrumentalist at The Barns at Wolf Trap. Called a “master of American folk music” by rock legend Mark Knopfle, O? Brien has orchestrated successful careers both as a bandleader and as a solo artist by bridging the gap between the genre?s traditional and modern interpretations. His most recent solo album, Chicken & Egg (2010), highlights his range of music while also touching on themes of domesticity, moral juxtapositions, and broken hearts.
Country singer/songwriter Darrell Scott has written songs for artists like Garth Brooks, as well as the Dixie Chicks? Grammy-winning track “Long Time Gone.” He has also released solo albums that showcase his skills as “one of the hottest guitar pickers on the planet” (AllMusic.com). Scott?s latest projects include Long Ride Home (2012)?a warm, semi-autobiographical look of his life?and We?re Usually a Lot Better Than This (2012), a live album with O?Brien that features top originals and Americana classics.
Video: Tim O?Brien & Darrell Scott ? “Brother Wind”
Friday, October 11, 2013 at 8 pm
$ 50-$ 65
The band behind alternative roots-rock hits “One Headlight,” “6th Avenue Heartache,” and “The Difference” came together in 1990 with front man Jakob Dylan at the helm. Their second album, Bringing Down the Horse (1996), peaked at No. 4 on the Billboard 200 chart and earned two Grammy Awards. After a seven-year break The Wallflowers surged back into action in 2012 with the release of Glad All Over. This powerful rock ?n? roll collection features former Clash guitarist Mick Jones and is “one of their loosest, liveliest records that not-so-coincidentally is one of their best” (AllMusic.com).
Video: The Wallflowers ? “Halo”
Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 7:30 pm
$ 22-$ 27
This San Francisco-based a cappella quartet transforms rock anthems into humorous and harmonious masterpieces. The group was founded by Matthew “Bob” Stull and Gunnar “Bob” Madsen in 1981 and was nominated for a Grammy Award for their cover of the Beatles? “Helter Skelter” just three years later. The Bobs have since released more than a dozen albums, including their most recent project, Biographies (2013). It is a hilarious homage to historical figures with original songs like “Julia?s Too Tall,” a hip-hop inspired tribute to Julia Child, or “Fidel?s Fashion Manifesto” about Castro?s attire.
Video: The Bobs ? “White Room”
Tickets can be purchased by calling 1.877.WOLFTRAP or online at wolftrap.org.
For more information, call The Barns at Wolf Trap at 703.938.2404 or our general information line at 703.255.1900.
High-resolution images of the artists listed are available on Wolf Trap?s website: wolftrap.org/Media_and_Newsroom/Photos_for_Publication.aspx.
Work From No Home Review (Peng Joon) – Free Presentation: http://discountlink.net/work-from-no-home/ This Work From No Home review shows making money online …
Video Rating: 4 / 5